Question
Posted by: Velly | 2010/09/14

Dr cohen diet

Hi Dietdoc,

Last year I lost 11 kgs using the Dr Cohen diet moving from 85 kgs to 74kgs. I am 1.75 metres tall. I have since stopped it and have joined the bootcamp and eating healthy. Thing is I have now gained 3kgs and no matter how strict I am, I cant seem to lose those kilos. My goal is to be toned and firm hence the bootcamp, but also want my weight to remain at 74kgs.

Is my metabolism messed up? How long is it gonna go back to normal?

Please help

Dear Velly
Although I am not enthusiastic about the Dr Cohen diet, it is wonderful that you lost those 11 kg. If you are now doing a great deal of exercise (I presume that is what you are referring to with the 'boot camp'?) then it is possible that the 3 kg gain is due to muscle tissue that actually weighs more than fat tissue. Have you been keeping tabs on your measurements? If you are losing cm then this would indicate a loss of fat even if the scale does not change or shows an increase of 3 kg. Also check your energy intake. Even when eating a healthy diet, you may be ingesting more than 6300 kJ/day? Be careful not to eat too much fat as this is very high in kJ.
Keep up the good work with the exercise

1

Dear Velly
Keep up the good work with the exercise