Question
Posted by: Cathi | 2009/12/07

Dr Cohen diet

I have read the above website and the results seem unbelievable. I was wondering how you felt about this program. I have been robbed so many times I am scared to be again.

Dear Cathi
From what I can gather from my other Readers, the Dr Cohen diet is based on the principles of a high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet. An attempt has been made to reduce the intake of fat, so it is probably not as potentially dangerous as the original Atkins diet, but I would still be careful in trying this type of diet that is not really balanced. It is always a good idea to combine slimming diets with daily exercise to obtain the best results. I would personally rather recommend the use of a low-fat, balanced diet that includes carbs with a low glycaemic index (GI) and daily exercise for weightloss.

7
Posted by: Juli | 2013/03/21

I agree! Cohen4live! I followed his diet and lost 34kg in 6 months. I feel wonderful and healthy. No sagging skin too! Its been 9 months later and still on my goal weight!

Reply to Juli
Posted by: v | 2010/01/12

been on it..don' t try... I lost over 30kg but gained everything back..plus got mouth ulcers  that docters still can' t understand why they are here.... Lost alot of hair as well......

Reply to v
Posted by: Cohen4LIFE | 2009/12/09

I' ve done Cohen, lost 22kg in 16 weeks and it' s been a month and it' s still off.

What' s great about Cohen?
1. It IS PERSONALISED!!! The losing phase plan &  the re-feed plan is determined by YOUR blood test results
2. No potions, pills, shakes or injections!!!
3. It balances your growth hormone, insulin &  serotonin, which makes for a healthy balanced body
4. your body literally shrinks to its optimum form, which means no flab, well toned and say bye to cellulite

I have NEVER been or felt this healthy!!! Yes,during the losing phase it is more of a hight protein diet, but once you' re done, all the good carbs are back BUT YOU DON" T REGAIN the weight if you follow the lifestyle principles, for instance if you go out for supper and know you feel like dessert, then don' t have carbs with your meal. That' s just one simple rule.

I eat from all food groups every day, but have learnt how the combinations affect my body and how much of what my body can handle.

Before Cohen, I tried every possible thing and was on every posible shake, pill, and in the gym 5 times a week for an hour a time.

Now, i take 1 multivit a day, spend 30min a day doing moderate exercise and I look better than ever. I have ALL THE ENERGY in the world and I can' t even remember the last time I had flu-like symptoms.

I dropped from a size 14 to 8 and wear x-small t-shirts. I' m 33 and 1.57m

If I could, I' d stop every overweight person I ever see and tell them about Cohen.

So all I can say...COHEN4LIFE!!!

Reply to Cohen4LIFE
Posted by: A | 2009/12/08

Hi there, a friend of mine has lost a lot of weight on this programme. She is looking very good. I am following the principles explained to her, though this is wrong as the diet is based on your personal blood results. I have been following her diet for over three weeks now. I have never felt this good. I feel light, have gone down five holes on my belt and have a tremendous amount of energy.
I don' t know about eating an apple and gaining a kilogram of weight. An apple only has about 80 calories, while a kilogram of fat is 7000 calories, you do the maths... Besides you are supposed to be eating two fruit a day, of which atleast one is an apple. On average I eat two a day...

Reply to A

Dear Cathi

Posted by: Kim | 2009/12/07

If the " Cohen"  diet you are referring to is the Rami Cohen diet, then I' d say DON' T. I did it and lost 22kg in 3 months. Along with the weight loss, I lost my health and my hair. I was so hungry at one point, I ate an apple - and immediately gained 1kg! And then promptly put it ALL back on QUICKLY, and with interest! Angie' s reply offers spot on advice!

Reply to Kim
Posted by: angie | 2009/12/07

the best diet is a balanced one consisting of all food groups in appropriate quanitites. If you' re going to spend money on a diet, rather go to a dietician who can give you an eating plan consistent with your body' s needs and that is healthy and balanced and gives you all the nutrients you need. Then stick to it and exercise and you' ll be happy!

good luck!

Reply to angie