Question
Posted by: Tania | 2011/01/24

Dr Cohen clinics, anyone please.

Hi all, please could tell me where i could find a clinic in the Jhb area or west rand. How much does all of it cost to get started on the programme? i can seem to find much info on the internet.
Thanks so much.

Dear Tania
I trust that the other Readers will provide you with the information you require about the Dr Cohen clinics. The Dr Cohen diet is a variation of the Atkins diet (high protein, high-fat, zero or very low carbs) which will initially make you lose weight (even without any injections), but the problems with this type of diet are: a) It is unbalanced and the high intake of fat is potentially harmful b)you can develop side-effects like ketosis, bad breath, constipation, etc c) most patients regain the weight they have lost when they stop using this type of diet. Luckily most patients cannot adhere to such a high protein diet for long. The injections either contain some harmless liquid that will not contribute to weightloss, or potentially harmful compounds. One of my other Readers once posted the package insert of weight loss injections that she had received to me, and it was frightening because the injections were under no circumstances intended for weight loss, but were designed for treatment of male fertility problems and were called "A.P.L.® Injection". The package insert stated specifically "APL has no known effect on fat mobilization, appetite or sense of hunger or body fat distribution. HCG has not been demonstrated to be effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity." Thus it is senseless to get injected with unknown products.
I would rather use a balanced, energy-reduced diet (1500 cal or 6300 kJ/day) and daily exercise to lose weight safely and at a much lower cost.

3
Posted by: LIANA | 2011/01/25

EK HET DIT SO RUK TERUG GE-GOOGLE EN AS EK REG KAN ONTHOU WAS DIE DIEET SO OM EN BY R2000. MAAR WAT EK OOK VERDER OP DIE INTERNET GELEES HET WAS EK NIE HAPPY MEER NIE. JY EET AMPER NIKS EN DIS BAIE MOEILIK OM OP TE BLY EN JY OEFEN GLO OOK NIE, DIT SAAM MET HOE PROTIEN SE VIR MY WAT JY GAAN VERLOOR IS SPIER MASSA WAT OP DIE OU END JOU NOG SLEGTER GAAN LOS AS VOOR DIE DIEET. SPIERE BRAND KJ AL SIT JY EN DOEN NIKS. SO HOU JOU SPIERE GESOND, OEFEN EN EET REG.

Reply to LIANA

Dear Tania

Reply to DietDoc | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/04/08

Hi been on diet before, it is untrue there is no injections on the diet programs