Question
Posted by: Sara | 2010-09-22

doxycycline

I''ve been trying to get pregnant for almost a year and half on July this year went to the doctor she gave me doxycycline, amoxycillin 50g, metazol 400g and I took them for seven days, I had period for two weeks since then I have been waiting patiently but nothing yet, does this pills appropriate?

Dear Sara
The medication given to you by your doctor is not to help you fall pregnant but antibiotics. The antibiotics are usually used if there is an infection present. However if you are trying to fall pregnant then one should avoid the use of doxycycline in case a pregnancy occurs while on these antibiotics.

Answered by Dr Dasoo