Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2008/07/06

Doxycycline

hi doctor

my doctor put me on doxy 100mg pd for my acne. i have discovered that it has helped with my vaginal infection (much less discharge and no smell now). i didnt tell him i had one, i've had it for over a year and doctor has put me on alot of different medications (diflucan and metronidazole and betadine douche and metrogel (and a once off strong antibiotic pill) etc)) which helped but then it reappeared.
what does this mean i have? an std? my gynae said i didnt have one! is it supposed to help for vaginal infections??
thanks!

Lisa

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Doxycycline is commonly used for a spesific vaginal infection and hence, you should have a yearly pap smear and if a discharge is present, an MC&S should be done. I do not think you had/have an STD. It is possible that you had a "normal" vaginal infection that was not treated properly.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: jenny | 2008/07/10

whats a pap smear and how is it used,and what is the dose of doxycycline 100mg.

Reply to jenny