Posted by: Barry | 2012-08-30

Doxycycl for acne

Hi, About 3 weeks ago I went to a Dermatologist and he prescribed me Doxycycl for my acne. I have it quite bad around my jawline, neck and shoulders. I''ve been taking 50mg once per day. Along with that I have been told to use Benzac during the day and Differin before bed. The problem is my skin is getting even worse. If I don''t shave then my skin gets worse and when I do shave it aggravates it. I don''t know what to do about this because in addition to all of this I am dealing with depression and extreme anxiety, so the worry of the acne getting worse just adds to that.

Is Doxycycl a decent drug? Should I increase from 50mg to 100mg per day?

Doxycycline is a decent drug and it is very effective in treating acne. I suggest that you ask your dermatologist about IPL (Intense Pulse Light) treatment. This works well to control acne and to treat the scarring. IPL treatment can also be used to prevent your facial hair from growing, thus in turn removing the need to shave.