Question
Posted by: Chan | 2010/07/12

Down Syndrome Test

My gynea asked me if I would like to do a down syndrome test seeing that I am 31yrs old and am 16wks pregnant with twins. He said that the only down side of the test is if the results are positive that would mean I will have to do a test to take fluid from the umbilical cord but that does not guarantee we would know which twin is affected or if its both the babies......so my hubby and I decided not to do the test and will know once the babies are born but we believe that we will have healthy babies. This is not our first pregnany I have 4 kids already and all of them are well. I would like to know from your point of view what advice would you give me.

You and your partner have to make the decision based on what your feelings are about being able to cope with a child with Down syndrome if this is the case. I canot gues what the outcome of the pregnancy will be

2
Posted by: Linette | 2010/07/15

I had to decide if I will get an amoinic test for down sindrome. My view point it that you need to decide before hand what you are going to do with the results. If it is positive will you get a abortion ? If no ... then why do it ?

Reply to Linette