Question
Posted by: Annie | 2009-10-06

Down syndrome

Hi there, my son is 5 &  a half years, he has DS and low muscle tone. He is flat footed and pigeon toed one foot worse than the other. he has insteps and 8mm buit up shoes, but he still walks pigeon toed, is there anything else we can do for him?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Annie

I'm not sure there is any more that can be done at this stage, certainly not from a podiaty point of view. You mention low muscle tone, perhaps the best person to see whould be an occupational therapist or biopkineticist that can prescribe exercises for him to do.

Chris

1
Posted by: Foot expert | 2009-10-21

Dear Annie

Chris

Reply to Foot expert