Question

Down &  out

Hi doc, I need some help but i just aint in the mood for talking, I have been talking &  talking to friends &  family about my problems but its like the more i talk the more i get angry &  frustrated. I am just so depressd recently.my husband lost his job, his down &  out &  its rubbing of on me because we dont spend time together, he keeps pushing me away &  I get lost because I dont know what to do for him.The strange thing is we managed to patch things up &  we were normal, loving &  stuf for about 2 weeks now until I just woke up this morning feeling so tired of life its like I hate living on the face of this earth.Im always down &  depressed but then on any other day Im happy &  normal. I had issues with my parents where they always put my brother before me growing up &  always pushed me away but not intentionally &  from my teenage years I tried to kill myself 3 times with failed attempts. I was always depressd growing up &  now that im married it hasnt gone away yet my husband is a great person &  we have &  had great times together but i guess this patch is different. I have always thought about death &  dying, up to this day I still think about death &  i think about how unfair god is being to take away people who have so much to live for &  their lives are cut short yet im willing &  ready but its like it never seems to go the way i want. I went from being 63 kgs all the way down to 52kgs &  dropping. I feel so worthless i just hate life or being alive i wish i could give this life to someone who really deserves it because i just dont want it but I wont go to the extreme of killing myself because my soul might just end up roaming this world i dont want to be in so either way its like im still gona be here. Every one puts me down, they call me names, tell me im a waste of air , i do alot for stray animals &  people always tease me or put me down.Im always forced to be someone im not &  im just so drained its like i just hate being alive. Can i go on anti depressants or some sort of medication to help me sleep or clear my mine because the more I let my mind wonder the more depressed i get. Im always active reading &  doing stuff to keep my mind away from thoughts but they just haunt me. Everyone hates me, where ever i went problems followed. If it wasnt for me theres so many people out there who would of had normal happy lives but I just seem to have that streak of bad luck where ever I go i mess up things. Im tired of talking as i said, i have cried myself out of tears so please dont advice me to talk about my problems because I spoke so much that I just dont wana talk anymore. I had a anxiety/ panic attack last year Nov &  its was the worse feeling in my life. My doctor had given me tabs for that but only a small amount &  it helped me sleep &  calm myself down but this is getting worse now &  i just need some medication for depression. What do i do now?

Talking to friends and family is very different from talking with a shrink, and if the former failed, that doesn't in the least mean that the second would fail. medication may also be needed, as you sound depressed, and maybe your husband is, as well. Sometimes depression is a lifelong challenge, but controllable with expert help, maybe medication as well as counselling. Fortunately proper antidepressant meds also help panic attacks.

2
Posted by: Liza | 2011/04/06

Talking with friends and family is not the same as talking to a psychologist. It''s a lot more constructive to talk to a psychologist. Perhaps it''s also a good idea to see a psychiatrist because an antidepressant might be exactly what you need to help you out.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza