Question
Posted by: ANITA | 2010-09-13

douchound

Hi there,

I love walking and want to take my 10 month old douchound with me but each time I try she walks for 5 minutes and then just puts her feet into the ground and will not move. How can I get her to just keep going. She like to go to the park and run more than walk.

Hi Anita

Walk the dog on the lead for 5 mins then extend the walk time daily until the dog feels confortable. Always give a reward when finished.

3
Posted by: tiffany | 2010-09-15

hm...good luck! i have two daxies and they are STUBBORN!!

I resorted to doing what cybervet suggessted...keep the walk short and gradually lengthen it, the dog wont notice and eventuallly you will have a good long walk....rewards help too :)

Reply to tiffany
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010-09-15

Hi Anita

Reply to CyberVet
Posted by: Chill | 2010-09-13

I guess you mean dachshund?

Take her to some dog training classes. She''ll love it, and so will you, and you will both learn a lot.

Reply to Chill