Question
Posted by: me again | 2012/10/10

doubts

I broke up with my bf on Monday for a whole lot of reasons which included verbal abuse and he was starting to get physically rough with me. For the last 2 months I have been preparing myself to move out and break up with him, which I eventually did on Monday. It was a amicable parting between us. But now, 2 days later, Im second guessing myself about my decision and feeling sad. I find it strange Im feeling like this after all that he did to me....

You were wise to recognise abuse and a growing threat from that, anich must always be considered unacceptable. You made the right decision. Second-guessing is natural, but dotn't indulge in it. Leaving someone, even a bad person, is still changing one's habits and is usually uncomfortable for a short time afterwards. Now start looking forward to the rest of your life, rather than looking back at an unfortunate part of it.

6
Posted by: Michaela | 2012/10/11

Well done to you, having the courage to take this gigantic step, now, start to really LOVE yourself, and remember, some girls only manage to make the break, lifeless, on a table in the morgue. God bless you always.

Reply to Michaela
Posted by: Gina | 2012/10/11

U did the right thing, I had it with my ex-husband for 10 years then got the courage to leave, a ex-fiance, both big promices to never do it again, but just got worse, so 19 years was enough.

Reply to Gina
Posted by: Leonora Alberts | 2012/10/11

That is the best thing you could have done for yourself. You did not say how long you have been together. I stayed with someone for 8yrs and that was the decision that I made as well. you have to respect yourself and put your foot down. There is too much abuse in this country and if we as women keep on allowing it, it will never change. Don''t just stay with him out of pity. Make a stand and be proud that you had the courage to do it. Now it''s the difficult part, to be able to stick to your discussion. You really deserve better. If he gets physical now, believe you me, it will get worse. DON''T ALLOW IT!!! YOU GO GIRL.

Reply to Leonora Alberts
Posted by: Elise | 2012/10/11

I agree with the 2 previous comments. Its the best thing you could have done for yourself and him. Its not worth it to loose yourself in the process of the relationship as it was and now that you have made the move to leave him now you can move on with your life and start fresh. Your boyfriend need to sort himself out first and deal with the issues that he is struggling with now, otherwise he will never have a healthy relationship in the future.

Reply to Elise
Posted by: Kate | 2012/10/10

I think its normal to feel like this, you just need time and keep reminding yourself that you''ve done the right thing.
You shared alot and I think at this time you will prob. only remember the good times, thats normal too.

Try to keep busy and move on with your life and do not even allow him to worm his way back again. Be strong girl!

Reply to Kate