Question
Posted by: Richard | 2011/11/14

double dose

Sometimes I cant remember if Ive taken my antidepressant or not, what will happen if I take a double dose, will my mental state be significantly changed, the dosage wont be anything near an overdose if I take double, but I still worry

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Richard,

This will depend on which product you are taking and in which dose. If it is withing the safe range of daily dosages (as you've hinted) it should not be a real concern, although the CNS effects of the medicine may be increased with higher doses.

The fact that you "forget" whether you've taken your treatment is a larger reason for concern - You may benefit from a pill-box which is marked with the days of the week. If you pre-fill this once a week, it'll be easy to determine whether you've taken your daily dose (or not).

All the best!

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/11/15

Hi Richard,

All the best!

Reply to pharmacist