Question
Posted by: Eve | 2011/03/11

Double contraceptives

I recently visited my gynae as i wanted to remove the Mirena cause i was seriusly unhappy and picking up weight quite fast, but she was slightly hesitant to do so and reccomended i use Yaz in conjuction with the Mirena. She told me i should try it for 3 months and if i am still unhappy she will remove the Mirena. Can you tell me what the pros and cons are of doing this, and will I be pumping too much hormone in my body?
Thank-You

The Mirena releases progesterone very slowly, so you won't overdose. Even if the Yaz helps, I am not sure what happens after the 3 months though.

1