Question
Posted by: Aims | 2008/09/08

Double-chin

Hi doc

I' m young, 33, however I' n not fat! I weigh around 63kg and I' m 1.65m tall. Anyway I' ve go a double chin and this is effecting my confidance. What can I do? Is there perhaps any non-surgical treatment availabe, maybe some sort of exercise?
Your assistance would be appreciated
Aims

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Aims, thank you for the question.

Your best option is to consult a plastic surgeon who can examine the area and decide on the best treatment option for you. Generally speaking surgery will give you the best result in this area. A number of non-surgical options do exist but the end result is dependent on the amount of fat, skin laxity, and the underlying support structures. I will list these options as follows:
Technology based: Syneron’s Velashape, Ultrashape, or Thermage Cellulite Treatment Tip.
Fat ‘dissolving’ injections such as phosphoatedylcholine (lipodissolve) or a combination of the injectable with the technology based treatments.