Posted by: Rhino | 2008-11-30

Most times when I relieve myself (male) I need to go back to the toilet withing 10 to 15 minutes to again relieve myself. It is truly as if I have two bladders.

Please can you tell me what it is ?
and how this conditions has come about? Also please tell me if there is something that can be done to ' join'  the two trips to the toilet into one.

I am 74 years old, am diabetic and hypertensive.
Best regards.

Dear Rhino
You may have an enlarged prostate ( common in your age group) so your bladder may not empty properly the first time. Your doctor will be able to diagnose this with an examination. Another reason could be an irritable bladder, this tends to cause a feeling of having to go to the toilet often, and then passing just a few drops at a time. Another cause could be an urine tract infection - you can have your urine tested to exclude this cause