Posted by: thato | 2011-03-23

Hi, I am late with 2 weeks, i went to see my Gynae who did a preg'' test and did a scan and found nothing, did blood tests and nothing as well, he prescribed me Dostinex as my breasts have milk when squeezed and this makes me to be infertile, how true is this? i scared to take the pill as i think i could be pregnant.

Dear Thato

You have been seen by your doctor and he has done a blood test and if the blood test confirms that you are not pregnant then unfortunately we have to believe the blood test and you must now accept that there is no pregnancy. The fact that you have fluid coming out of the breast means you are more likely to have a high Prolactin level and this is the reason why the doctor has given you Dostinex. A high prolactin level definitely influences ovulation and it may inhibit ovulation taking place and therefore I suggest that you use the Dostinex to help stop the fluid coming out of the breast and therefore aid in ovulation. I do not think you need to be scared to take those tablets it certainly seems indicated.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo