Question
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2011-10-19

Dormonoct Withdrawal

Hi CS,
One of the tablets I am taking is Dormonoct 2mg and have been for the past 3 months, the problem is that the lady working for me has somehow misplaced them, none of the others but these, and for obvious reasons the chemist will not give me an advance on next months supply so it is cold turkey stop for me and I have been reading that it is not such a good thing. I have been feeling strange and wondered why, I now know why. How long does it take for one to withdraw from this and what should I do?

Frankly, it seems really odd that she would misplace only these, which may have more appeal to her or her friends, or more street value, than the others. Contact your prescribing doc for advice, he may be able to arrange for you to get a small supply to wean yourself off them rather than stopping abruptly. It takes some days to get off these, though fortunately not as long as with similar drugs designed for daily use - those designed to be sleeping pills are planned to leave the bidy sooner, to try to avoid a morning hangover.

1