Question
Posted by: Ang1 | 2009-05-15

Doom

Hi CS

I have had this feeling/dread of impending doom and I cant seem to shake it. I am not suicidal. I am happily married with lovely kids. I have a good stable job so this feeling is very scary,

I wake up scared and I cant figure out why. I have heart palpitations.

Is this my bodies way of telling me something could be wrong?

I know what you mean, and even get something like t at times myself ; in the family we used to call it "getting the Dooms". But that you describe could be a variety of anxiety disorder, and likely to respond well to treatment with either CBT or medication or both. What is absolutely definitely is NOT, is a sign that something awful WILL happen --- it just feels that way. And it's a very convincing feeling, isn't it ?

2
Posted by: Kelly | 2009-05-15

I sometimes feel like that too!
It lasts for week and then eventuall it passes but it' s an awful feeling

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: Ang1 | 2009-05-15

You said it. Its down right scary!

Reply to Ang1