Question
Posted by: Penny | 2010/07/10

Don''t want our relationship to die

Hi doc!
I''m a bit worried about my relationship with my boyfriend, I can''t help but feel we are growing sick of each other. We''ve been together for 3 years, we''re both in our mid twenties but we don''t live together. We both just finished studying and are looking for jobs.

I really don''t want to feel this way but I find myself getting very irritable around him and for most part irrationally so. We hardly touch each other anymore and I really don''t want things to end. I want to renew and refresh our relationship. I know a lot of people have this problem but I''m willing to hang on for dear life and try anything that might work. Even though he''s an attractive guy, I don''t see him like that anymore because I''ve grown so used to it. What can I do to get a fresh new perspective on him as a person and our relationship?

Please help!

Penny

Well, if you are truly growing sick of each other, that'd usually be pretty obvious. Naybe you're both growing up, and what was fine as busy students doesn't suit you both as much as you move towards job-hunting. Maybe you've got to know each other so well that its getting a bit boring. Why not cosider some refreshing sessions of cpuples counselling together ?

1