Question
Posted by: M | 2011-02-21

Don''t want more babies

I''m 37 and have two boys and have dicided not to have any more children. I don''t want to continue using the pill, is there other methods except using condoms and the pill that I can consider?

Sterilisation would be an option.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-02-24

Sterilisation would be an option.

Posted by: Purple | 2011-02-23

The mirena is like an IUD but without the side effects of the copper T. It releases progesterone. It is expensive to insert but lasts 5 years and if you calculate its cost over those 5 years it works out cheaper than the pill.

There is also the patch (which has many of the same side effects as the pill and also itches).

You could also have your tubes tied.

Reply to Purple