Question
Posted by: before my 21st | 2008/07/08

dont wanna be a fool

hi doc im 20 but am going to be 21 next year feb.im 1.74 in height and weigh 110 kgs i hate being called big size as i look uch older then i am. i need to loose weight despretly i walk about 2.5 km a day to get to work. i also try to eat healthy. i would like to know waht my ideal weight should be? and how do i loose all this weight before my 21st? i wanna look stunning plz help!!!!

thank you

Dear Before my 21st
I can understand that you want to look stunning on your 21st. Your present BMI = 36,3 which is in the obese range. To get back to the normal range your would need to weigh 75 kg (BMI of 25). Thus this would entail losing 35 kg which is a great deal of weight to lose. However if you watched the TV programme 'The Biggest Loser SA' then you will have seen that a number of the contestants did manage to lose massive amounts of weight over a relatively short period. You have 6 months which should permit a loss of about 25 kg at 1 kg per week (this would already be a marvelous change in your life and appearance). Because you need to lose more than 20 kg in weight I would recommend that you discuss the use of Xenical with your medical dr. Xenical stops you from absorbing fat from the foods you eat so this automatically lowers your energy intake (each gram of fat you don't eat, saves you 37 kJ!). You should use Xenical with a very-low-fat diet to get the best results and also start exercising when you have lost some weight. You could use the Xenical to get you started on the right track and then just stick to the low-fat diet and steadily increase how much and how long you exercise. If you need assistance with a very-low-fat diet it may also be a good idea to see a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area).
Holding thumbs that you lose lots and lots of weight and look stunning at your 21st!