Posted by: mindy | 2009-04-08

dont mind me

i am 30 years old and have a memory problem. i find it hard to remember and and understanding orders. i dont keep a record in my mind for long. i have dealt with depression and dont feel depressed anymore. i think the depression made me ignore what is important to me, is to remember and understand. i understand that old people get dementia, but im not that forgetful. my mother who passed away years ago was not so clever. Could this be genetic. i passed matric and got into jobs but i have this forgetting thing, and not being able to think intelligently. i play computer games and things but seem to find it difficult to remember. This is a big problem for me because wherever i go i am considered stupid and i dont get find the one because of my memory problem. People dont find my opinions important or serius.

Dear Mindy
You need to see a educational psychologist to test you to see if you really have a memory problem or if there is another cause for your symptoms ( like a type of epilepsy - petit mal). After an evaluation he/she can decide whether you should see a neurologist or not.