Posted by: Lee-ann | 2009-01-28

Dont loose weight

I joined Weigh Less a month ago. The first week it was great I lost 1.8kg but now i only loose a few hundred grams a week. I do the exercise thing sort of and I do cheat 1 a week but it should n' t actually interfere with my weight loss, will it? What can I do to loose weight quicker

Dear Lee-Ann
If takes time for your body to adjust to the change in diet and exercise, so please be patient, stick to your Weigh-Less diet instructions, do your exercise every day for at least 30 min and you will lose weight steadily.
Slow and steady wins the race!

Posted by: Mik | 2009-01-29

Nobody " looses"  weight!

They LOSE weight! :)

Reply to Mik
Posted by: j | 2009-01-29

Dear Y

Weighless is all about Low GI food these days. They change the whole concept of WL.

Reply to j
Posted by: Y | 2009-01-29

People who are insulin resistant don' t do well on Weighless (even though it is a good programme for fat but otherwise healthy individuals), as they do not discriminate between low GI and high GI foods (e.g. a " best choice"  for breakfast according to Weighless is Special-K cereal which has a very high GI. However, for an insulin resistant person, eating Special-K for breakfast basically guarantees too high insulin levels for the rest of the day which makes loosing weight impossible.) The 1.8kg you' ve lost the first week was probably just water loss. Since then you' ve just been " treading water"  - neither loosing nor gaining fat. I suggest you have yourself tested for insulin resistance, and if the test results come back with terms such as " insulin resistant"  or " glucose intolerant"  rather give up Weighless and go see a dietician that specialises in syndrome-X (as insulin resistance is also known).

Reply to Y