Question
Posted by: Nadene | 2010-09-18

DON''T LIKE TO DIET

I am 38 years old. 1.72m tall and weight 72kg''s. I would like to loose some weight, but how as I don''t like to diet, don''t like eating too much food and can''t resist chocolate.

Dear Nadene
Your BMI = 24,3 which is in the normal range, so you don't actually need to lose weight. However, if you are aiming for an ideal BMI of 22, you would need to weigh 65 kg, thus a loss of 7 kg. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). If you are averse to dieting then you may need to concentrate on doing exercise. Select a type of exercise that you like doing and make a point of spending up to 1 hour a day doing the exercise. As regards chocolate, you can try cutting down gradually how much you eat per day until you are only having chocolate once a week as a treat.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-09-18

Dear Nadene