Question
Posted by: Millie | 2010/04/06

DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE

Child is compulsive, obsessive, depressed and addictive to meth. He has been in rehab and was clean for couple of weeks, but its now even worse. He does not want to go to rehab now and does not even come home when we are there. He is out of his job and basically everything and cannot be trusted. We have now denied him entrace into our/his home when we are not there, because of obvious reasons. What can we do to help him as he is so far down that I''m sure he does''nt know himself what to do or not. It is causing a lot of stress in the family. Please direct me to somebody who can help.

You don't mention "child"'s age, though if addicted to meth, I doubt we're talking about an infant, even if the behaviour may be infantile at times. Rehab is totally useless, always, unless it is followed by skilled and careful follow-up - THAT's when treatment works or fails.
Its so hard to answer you without knowing the age, but presumably this is someone of legally mature age, and who should be able to fend for himself. There is NOTHING which YOU can do to help him, uinless and until he recognizes that he needs help AND is prepared to work really hard to help himself.
Read up about Tough Love, which can be dificult but important at this stage. So long as you folks always pick up the pieces when he self-destructs, pay for everything, so he doesn't need to be capable of work, does he have any real motivation to stop the drugs and grow up ?
YOu could try your local branch of SANCA, and look up Narcanon, too.

1