Posted by: Jessie | 2009-02-17

Dont know what to do anymore

My husband and I have been married now for almost a year but have been dating for about 5 years before that. We have always had a good sex life - having intercourse about every second night. But recently my husband has been struggling to have an erection - and if he does as soon as there is penetration it all goes soft again. A friend advised that we try the High Rise tablets - it worked the first time that we used it and not again after that. We still remain very close but it is bothering him though - he is only 27.

Is there something else someone can advise we try???

I would recommend that you seek the assistance from you local General Practitioner – he/she will be able to provide you with medical advice as well a recommendations with regards the correct medication needed. Several emotional, psychological and stress factors could also contribute to the experience of erectile dysfunction. Psychologically the fear in anticipation of a reoccurrence a “failing penis” increases the probability of it happening. The assistance of a professional counselor could be valuable in guiding you both in dealing with this in a constructive manner. Try to focus on your journey and enjoying the sexual intimacy and closeness and less on whether the penis will perform in the end.

A website that could be helpful is You are welcome to phone the SASHA Helpline – 0860 100 262; and a facilitator will be able to assist you in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.

Posted by: Lee | 2009-02-17

You need to treat the cause not the symptom. He needs to discuss with you what is worrying him, alternatively he needs to go for a full check up to rule out any medical condition.

Reply to Lee