Question

Dont know anymore

Doc, I am 40y old female and I am at least 15 kgs overweight. !.74 and 87kgs. My weight has always been up 15 down 15. I have only ever been on one crash diet - the dr Cohen''s and I lost 19kgs and kept it off for about 6months and then gradually gained again.
A month ago in desperation, I tried the Tim Noakes diet. I lost 2 kgs in 4 days and then nothing for 2 weeks. Then when I ate carbs again, I picked the 2kgs lost up in 3 days and another 1kg to boot.

I know that yo-yo dieting messes with your metabolism. What I want to ask you and hope you will answer honestly - can I actually go on a healthy diet -like weigless - and still lose weight after being on 2 crash diets or am I now stuck with this weight.

Dear Don't Know Anymore
If you can lose those 15 kg to reduce your weight to 72 kg and your BMI from 28.7 down to 23.8, this would be great. I firmly believe that if you start using a well balanced slimming diet such as Weigh-Less or Weight Watchers and you also start doing some form of physical activity on a daily basis, that you will start losing weight steadily at a rate that your body will be able to handle and also sustain. For your own sake do please contact these organisations who have had decades of experience helping people of all ages to lose weight. Try doing about 30 minutes of aerobic exercise every day (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). Exercise is also beneficial when it comes to sticking to your diet and improving weightloss.
So do take the first step in your new life ASAP.

1

Dear Don't Know Anymore