Our expert says:
Its so easy, isn't it, to be wise AFTER the decision ? It might have worked ou fine if you'd told her -"this would probably upset my present gf, let me call her and see what she thinks about this, before I decide " or womething like that. And if it involves ANYONE coming to stay, work out some ground-rules and maximum length of stay in advance.
If you think your currrent gf won't take it welll when you tell her - how mmuch better do you think she'll take it when she discovers the situation AND finds out you have NOT been telling her ?
Firstly, end the uncertainty - whatever pickle the ex is in, this stay cannot possibly be open-ended. Agree with her on a fixed duration, preferably a week or two - she must surely have family or other friends she can move to if she has not yet sorted herself out. ( Before this is fixed, its less clear what you would be trying to tell your current gf ). Then maybe talk to your current gf, asking her advice about a very difficult situation that has arisen - maybe that you thought this was an emergency that might involve a stay of a day or two, and now need to arrange for it to end asap.
Then I note your laters comments suggest this is just what you did, and it has apparently ( if this is a genuine question ) worked out and resolved itself
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.