Posted by: jean | 2010-10-19

don''t know

Hi please need your advise...on the 2mth injection as contraceptive...had my period 2weeks ago ...went for my injection last week tuesday i was on time. I had protective &  unpotective sex with the same partner in the early hours of sunday morning - and the condom was nowhere to be seen....used the bathroom (for a wee) monday morning and to my surprise the condom said there a need for me to get the morning after pill or am i safe - just freaking me out the whole condom thing appearing from my vagina....

Dear Jean,

From a contaceptive perspective you would be fine. The concern may be with regards using the condom as a barrier method for the prevention of STI transmission. If you have any concerns in that regard I would suggest you follow up with your health care practitioner. The fact that the condom remained in your vaginal canal for that length of time you may just want to just pay special attention to the possibility of an vaginal infection.