Question
Posted by: Jimmy | 2010/09/23

Dont Know

Ok, let me draw the picture first, me and my girlfriend has been going out for just over 3 years, we do not have a easy relationship because she is quite a emotional woman. I love her with all my heart but there is one what I think is a major problem, ok its a couple but it falls under the same category, she and my mother has never gotten along, now my GF seas it''s all my mom''s fault because she rejects her and always tries to hurt her in some way, now when we met she did not care about what anyone thought about her and to me that was one of her best attributes, now that has all changed, it doesn’ t matter woe she meets, she will always think they don''t like her very much, and this is really starting to get to me, it is just that I am a very easy going person, generally I don''t have a care in the world if people like me or not, I''m not a-|-the whole time or anything like that, I just go with it and have realized that not every one will always like you. I had a talk with my mom a long time ago and to me it seems like she is really trying to get along for my sake, but my gf is now at a point where she is stubborn and says she cannot trust my mom. ok that is the firs part, second part is my one friend and my brother, with my friend we have been friends for 11 years and generally we always have a good time, he will never suggest that I cheat, go to strip clubs or anything in that line, a short wile back we went away on holiday together and he took a lady with him, it turned out that it was the wrong lady and he was grumpy most of the holiday, now it is a huge problem for may gf because in her opinion he always does this, I agree in the sense that if there is woman there he usually turns out to be grumpy but when its just a couple of friends it''s always fun. With my brother, he''s fiancé  and my gf had a fall out about a year ago and she is not over it yet, now there is a problem of the fiancé  being friends with my ex which makes it awkward but she will make statements like my brother will be welcome in her house one day but not his fiancé , my friend will never be welcome , neither at our wedding(should we get there) or our house. My question now is, what is my options because I don’ t know if I will be able to live without my family, I love this girl with all my heart but she won’ t see reason and I don’ t know, I just feel like we are getting to a point were I will have to decide what I want in my life.

Go for couples counselling together, and see what ca and what can't be worked out. Sounds like your gf may aditionally have personal problems such as low self-esteem and self-confidence, and trust issues, that would make any relationship for her
really difficult until she has sorted them out, best perhaps in individual counselling

4

Posted by: Liza | 2010/09/23

Go for couples counseling. It''s the only way to find out whether both of you can put aside differences.

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Germ | 2010/09/23

blood is thicker than water !!!

Reply to Germ
Posted by: issues | 2010/09/23

your issues are just too much!

Reply to issues