Question
Posted by: Rickie | 2012/06/01

dont guys ask ladies anymore

Hi Guys, I am going out with a guy for the last 12months, we see each other every weekend I spend time at his house, sleep over...his parents knows about me.....I asked him are we going out or what, as he has never asked me, is it old school to ask someone these days to be your girlfriend, or do you just go with the flow...we are both in our late 4os
and why don''t he update his facbook profile as being in a relationship...

What, these days, does "going out" really mean ? If you sleep over at his house, it sounds like there's quite a bit of "going in" going on ! IS the term girlfriend / boyfriend out of date ? Or time limited to teenagers ? If so, what else do you call each other ?
I feel a bit like the guy who said "Call me anything you like, but don't call me late for supper".
Now, I think there are many more, FAR more profound and meaningful ways to announce or commemorate your relationship, than a tacky status update in a Facebook profile.

6
Posted by: Kiki | 2012/06/04

Facebook is a lot of BS - it has caused so many problems in relationships. The fact that his relationship status is not showing on FB, does not mean he is not in a relationship! Stay off FB and concentrate on your relationship you have with this guy! I am sure after 12 months of seeing one another and having more than just a platonic friendship, you can safely say that you are his girlfriend!

Reply to Kiki
Posted by: ALLY | 2012/06/01

i was in a relationship last year where the guy never ask me. sleep overs and all the time together... until he said one day i will always be his friend. then i broke the relationship off as friends dont sleep together all the time and spent most of your time together.So i wil say yes he must ask so that you know where you stand with him. i am now in a wonderfull relationship. this guy ask me from the beginning so that we can know where we stand with each other.

Reply to ALLY
Posted by: dw | 2012/06/01

My boyfriend after 2 weeks asked me to be his girlfriend and then a week later again confirming it...he is 48 and I am 40. When a guy is into you, he wants to make sure you are exclusive and the relationship is not ambiguous!!!

Reply to dw
Posted by: pixie | 2012/06/01

my boyfriend is also on facebook, but never goes online there, he is just on that into facebook. There is no status of him being single or in a relationship.

Reply to pixie
Posted by: pixie | 2012/06/01

i think you dont have to worrie yourself about it, only school children ask ''om te kys''. If he tells you you are exclusive, then you can trust that you are in n monogomous relationship.

Reply to pixie