Posted by: Fenge | 2009-01-23

Dont eat breakfast

I am trying to lose weight, i started five weeks ago but i think i am not following the diet plan. i am starving myself because i dont eat breakfast, what i do i will eat fruits and yoghurt and supper i will eat pasta/ rice, chicken and two veggies, drink two litre of water and i go to gym three to four times a week. i have already lost 3kg. I think it is working for me but I am worried that my weight might come back if i dont follow my diet plan. Am i doing it right, maybe is because i want to lose weight fast. Please help me.

Dear Fenge
Breakfast is regarded as the most important meal of the day because research has shown that people who eat breakfast do not overeat at the other meals during the day. If you have fruit and fat-free yoghurt in the morning this can count as breakfast. Do not try to lose weight too quickly, esp by starving yourself, as this generally leads to rapid regain of the weight you have lost. If the diet you mention works for you and you do not suffer from hunger pangs which can sabotage your attempts, then by all means continue but make sure that you eat some fruit and fat-free yoghurt in the first part of the morning as 'breakfast' because you need some food to raise your blood sugar levels after your overnight fast. Low blood sugar levels in the morning will make you feel tired and hamper thinking.

Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-01-24

It could be that breakfast is considered to be the most important meal of the day seeing it gives you energy sothat you could function properly. Maybe you could eat breakfast and have less rice/pasta at night as it ought to keep your sugar levels more constant.

Reply to Zexeon