Posted by: Ariadne | 2009-07-08

Donor Insemination

I am 36, have a BMI of 38 and was recently diagnosed with Diabetes Type 2. I have lost 12kg over the past 3 months and hope to loose more. I am single and plan to remain so, but I am considering donor Insemination (AI) as I really would like to have a baby. However, I' m not sure whether the above factors disqualify me from such procedure.

Any advise in this regard would be much appreciated.

he first thing to do would be to consult a gynaecologist to see whether or not you are ovulating. This can be a problem if you are overweight and have diabetes. Also, you should be aware that there are risks to a pregnancy if you are diabetic and it would be essential to have very good sugar control before you conceive.

I think maybe you will have trouble because of your weight but you can get that info from the centre you wish to use for the insemination,

Posted by: eve | 2009-07-08

hi are you thinking because you are single you are not allowed to be a parent...YOU CAN...all you need to do is go to a FC and look at the list pick a sperm and when the time is right they do it the AI for you...

Reply to eve

I don' t have advice with regards to your post hopefully someone else will be able to help. But please tell me what did you do to loose so much weight.