Posted by: Joanne | 2009-10-03

Done Them

Had the elastic around the tummy and the shortening of the intestine 15 yrs appart, 7 yrs ago and still 35kg overweight. Had no before or after care. HELP!!!

Dear Joanne
I am so sorry to hear that despite having these operations you still have not lost sufficient weight. I can only suggest that you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to calculate your energy intake to see if you are ingesting more energy than required, and then suggest a strict dietary regimen that will cause weightloss.
The dietitian will also advise if she/he thinks you need to have additional tests by an Endocrinologist or if you require psychological assistance.