Posted by: No more | 2009-09-04

Don' t want urges

Dear Dr

Please help me here. I am a male in my late twenties, and I haven' t had sex for about 4 years. I lost my virginity at 26, which I did not enjoy at all (pressurized). I am a hopeless case when it comes to women, I am short etc, and well, yeah I don' t get dates. Is there any medication or anything that I can take to stop me from feeling horny? I hate it as I have no partner. Surely there must be something on the market to help me? Please treat this as a serious question. Thanks

Sexual urges are natural and should not unnecessarily be tampered with. It is maybe more advisable to seek the assistance from a professional psychologist that works specifically with sexual concerns to assist you in dealing with the negative impact that your previous sexual experience left you with. Your emotional state of being and the way you feel about yourself and your past could easily have an impact on your difficulty in finding an appropriate companion.

You are also welcome to contact our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted to get in touch with a therapist as close a possible to you.

Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful:

Posted by: Babe | 2009-09-05

You need a life makeover. Change your image, who you are in this world. Take up cycling. Get top fit. Sounds like you have loads of testosterone to boost you in this sport. Many top cyclist are short, small men but look great because of their good physical condition, and so sexy in full cycling gear, helmet, sunglasses, muscular tanned legs etc. Once you are happy in your own skin you will be attractive to women as well. You will meet new people and have lots of interesting stuff to chat about. Just do it!

Reply to Babe
Posted by: No More | 2009-09-04

Yes, i do ask, and when a girl does agree to go out with me, after the second date it' s the typical " I just want to be friends"  saga. It gets frustrating.

Reply to No More
Posted by: Amy | 2009-09-04

Why are you giving up? Why don' t you get dates? Do you ask? Do you socialise?

Let me share a story with you.
My current boyfriend (the man of my dreams), had the same attitude as you before we hooked up. He gave up on the thought of being with a woman, hadn' t had sex in 3 years, and just accepted that he would be alone in his old age...

He isn' t the sexiest man on the planet, but my word he is the most incredible!

You will find someone!
I know that this doesn' t answer your question, as I don' t know what you could take to help your urges.... but be patient. You will find that special someone!

Reply to Amy