Question
Posted by: Jenny (aka Nadine) | 2008/07/10

Don't like myself?

I have been working in this company for 5 weeks. Things are fine but one of the staff has just said to me that she can see I don't love myself and I hold alot of bitterness and anger. I was quite shocked because I have had a number of people say that to me. What am I doing to make them say that? How do I behave? I make sure my hair and make-up are always done and I am rather pleasant to people. I do agree that I am extremely unhappy in my life. I haven't been happy for years but I don't exactly walk around being ugly to people. I take one day at a time and I don't take anything seriously because I can't see the point - we are all going to die anyway. I just don't like that people can see right through me. How do I tackle my issues for once and for all so I can move on and live a fulfilling life. How do I see inside myself to pinpoint what my problem/s really is?

I think one needs to LIKE oneself, but whether a ormal love affair with oneself is needed, I'm a lot less certain.
Maybe these people are referring NOT to you being unpleasant to others, but to your inner unhappiness being visible to them. The sort of goals you sensibly outline would be best met by sensible counselling / psychotherapy.
Pity that A-"nonnie", usually pleasant enough, chose to offer some venom this time. I wonder why this issue upsets her so ?

4
Posted by: Riley | 2008/07/10

This is my last comment as we are deviating from the actual post. I have been here for a few months (since Oct, I think) and read every single post. The point remains that I personally feel your comment was uncalled for. It would have been better left unsaid. The old saying of 'sticks and stones' is the biggest load of bull on this planet. We come here to ask for advice or guidance and when hit with a blow like it, it often hurts. Even if it is in the 'cyber-world', comments like that hurt.

Reply to Riley
Posted by: a-"nonnie" | 2008/07/10

How long have you been on this site Riley? If you only knew her.

Reply to a-"nonnie"
Posted by: Riley | 2008/07/10

A-"nonnie", that was super uncalled for.

Reply to Riley
Posted by: A-"nonnie" | 2008/07/10

Don't feel alone. I don't like you either.

Reply to A-"nonnie"