Posted by: susan | 2009-02-24

don' t know what to do

my boss is really making my life a misery not sure what to do. I have been with the co for 7 yrs with not so much as a warning letter to my name.

She was recently appointed head of the department and goes out of her way to treat me bad.

I greet her in the presence of other people she doesn' t even bother greeting me back or acknowledging me.

talks down to me with tones like "  i want you to go do this now or what is the status of this"  no please or thank you.

i recently won a DVD by the company and this was in December the other prizes were given to two other people within a week of winning i am waiting 3 months for it

before this she was fine but she was not my boss. I am the only indian in the depart she does not have a problem with others except me and the receptionist who is black. can this be a race issue?

I' m feel very negative and hurt by this that i don' t even sleep i' m struggling to get interviews as well what can i do she' s completely unapproachable so that is not even an option.

Is there an HR person o department you can discuss this with ? Can you approach HER boss, to talk about your concerns ? Obviously there could be a race issue relevant here, though also there might not be.

Posted by: D | 2009-02-25

Its easy to say get a new job, but with the economy lately one wonders if you can find one thats not going to be liquidated in the near future.
I have had similar problems as you, probably even worse if I have to describe all the incidents, and yes I am also the only Indian female, racist....more than likely, last year was hell for me, she has simmered down a little, I am still trying to figure out why, no amount of complaining did anything, I cried almost every single day and she didn' t even care that I was pregnant.

I would suggest, that if you don' t really have responsibilities, find another job, otherwise Like me I was advised to wait another year and see where the economy goes, just stick it out and suck it in or rather suck up to(which is something I never do).

I know how you feel, I really do, I just do my work and what I am suppose to do, smile and go home, although inside I don' t want to be where I am. She is only one boss out of many in my company, thats the only consolation I have. At least I see this year as building myself and confidence up again, hopefully next year it will put me on a new and exciting path, this year is definitely an incentive for next

Reply to D
Posted by: come on | 2009-02-24

get a new job!!! its a sign you need to move on

Reply to come on