Question
Posted by: Sonya | 2008/08/22

Don' t know how to reach out anymore

Hallo, this is my first time here. I am from Paarl, divorced for 5 years. I am 34 with a 8 year old child. When my husband divorced me, it gave me a huge blow in the stomach. Ever since our divorce I have not been on a date. I can'  t seem to get myself back in society. I gave my marriage all and left with nothing but a broken heart, soul and ego. Where can I go in Paarl to meet people who can accept me for myself. I need to reach out to people, but don'  t know where to start. What can I do to enrich myself and others around me? I am scared of failure again. I am scared to meet new people. I am very confident around people I know like work, but I don' t know where to go to meet new people, who might be in the same position as I am.

Hi Sonja ! As Lolo says, the Divorce support forum may be helpful to you. Also, consider seeing a counsellor to work on healing, and self-esteem. People aren't likely to accept you for yourself unless you firmly and proudly accept yourself for yourself. And try to find charities, NGOs, community and church groups with which you can work, both because that's worthwhile to do, anyway, and because it'll help you to get used to meeting new people and working with others

2
Posted by: lady nina | 2008/08/23

hi sonya

in time of paid we build walls to protect us and that a good thing but there comes a time then those same walls isolates is , and only we see " friend"  and " enemy"  can we fine the courage to reach out - and you are doing just fine for now
how a smile when hyou pass a stranger - one small step is all you need to keep you on this journey

take care

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Lolo | 2008/08/22

Look at divorce support group we also posted some respond there too.

is not easy but it will be easy if you start with yourself, analyze yourself and accept yourself for who you are, try to work with community or church to keep yourself busy, find new passion or something you always wanted to do that you love so much.

when you are happy about yourself everthing will fall into place.

Reply to Lolo