Posted by: Blue eyes | 2009-07-20

Don' t know

Don' t know what to do.

Been married for 7 years, 1 daughter, another on the way. Things between hubby and me NOT GOOD.

I work a full day and get no help from him in the evenings. I do the full day work thing come home and the second job starts, cooking, cleaning, child etc. he sits on the couch.

He won' t help me cause he doesnt feel like i love him or romance him enough which agreed hasnt happened in a while cause i' m so darn busy getting through my domestic chores, he doesnt show any affection towards me whatsoever.

Should i just shut up and carry on being his slave, because there are so many women out there who are mothers and wives and don' t complain according to him.

I hate being a woman!!

How about marriage counselling ? It can really work. If he refuses, have you thought of doing cooking, cleaning, etc, SOLELY for yourself and the child, and leaving him to care for himself until he agrees to share the chores fairly ? remind him that slavery was abolished some years ago

Posted by: Liza | 2009-07-20

If a woman doesn' t complain about working like a slave, she has serious low self-esteem issues. And it' s jerks like your husband that GIVE women serious low self-esteem issues. Don' t allow him to treat you this way. He has to do his share of the chores. My ex-husband was like this too. After getting him to agree that he also needed to do some chores, I forced him to do his share of the chores by going to the gym many evenings and when getting home late, giving him his kiss and hello, followed by ' What' s for dinner?' . It worked for a while, until more problems surfaced and we eventually got divorced.

Marriage counseling also helped for a while. Although we just had too many differences to stay married.

Be assertive. Don' t complain that he isn' t doing any chores. Tell him to do a chore while you' re busy with another. If he doesn' t start helping, join him on the couch and don' t do any chores either (besides what is needed for your daughter). He' ll go one night without supper before starting to help.

Good Luck

Reply to Liza