Posted by: scared | 2009-02-17

don' t know

i have recently broke up with my b/f said he needs space a month to be exactl - due to little things that have been building up (not fulfilling my chores around the house etc.) i have started seeing a psycologist as I want him back and realise I need to sort myself out) and she is determined to put me on anti-depressants I feel one will be emotional and that I must not suppress my emotions example : if i have a headache for I don' t even take tablets for that I feel uncomfortable with her suggesting this...don t know what to do.

It all depends on whether a reliable diagnosis has been made ( and if the person is intending tom prescribe ADs, she's presumably a psychiatrist, as psychologists can't prescribe medicines ). Ads are useless if one is simply upset ; they are only of any use for treating true Depression, properly diagnosed, and I wonder whether you have such a depression. One cannot diagnose a depression that has lasted only a week or so, either.
So check the diagnosis and how it was made. NO drug will help you sort out wanting back a man who doesn't want to come back. For a genuine and severe depression, it would be wise to try them, You might not take a tablet for an ordinary headache --- if you had a seriously broken leg, it might be a good idea to use stronger pain-killers.