Question
Posted by: ???? | 2009/12/15

don'  t want more children....

I am 33 and have RA for 12 years now. I have 2 sons and don'  t want more children. What options do I have if I decide to have a operation to make this permanent.

What is the side effects off these types of operations

Hallo ???
You don't say if you are male or female but a sterilization is the best and most permanent option. In men we do a vasectomy and in women a sterilization via a small cut below the navel. A sterilization normally has no side effects but in women it may cause a bit heavier menstruation.

2
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/12/16

Hallo ???

Reply to cyberdoc
Posted by: T | 2009/12/15

Think very carefully before you make a final decision. I rushed into having a tubal ligation done and now regret it and have to do IVF as i desperately want another baby. I would send my partner for a vasectomy, alternately have your tubes tied and not cut as they are easier to repair if done this way.

Reply to T