Question
Posted by: frustrated | 2010-01-29

Domestic worker

Hello

I need help, My domestic worker comes 2 a week she works from 8 in the moring till 1 in the afternoon, and when i get home in the afternoon i cant see that she has done anything. when i talk to her about what she needs to do she pretends not to understand what im saying. i know she speaks english because i can have a conversation with her ( as long as its not work related)

i want to get rid of her fast i cant afford to keep especially since i still have to clean my own house and do my washing when i get home. what is the proper legal way to do this?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: DOMESTIC WORKER

It is suggested that you give your domestic worker warnings and thereafter a possible disciplinary hearing. The disciplinary hearing should not be chaired by you and if you will believe that your disciplinary chairperson will dismiss the worker.