Question
Posted by: Freddie | 2009/12/02

Domestic worker

We currently have a domestic worker working for us once a week, from 8am to 2pm. She has worked for us for about a year and a half. We can no longer afford her services, but cannot retrench her as we have absolutely no money to pay out to her. She also still owes my wife R 150 which she borrowed some time ago. My wife' s business has been hardly generating any business due to the economic crisis, and this is the cause of our problem. My salary is barely enough to cover our debit orders. We are struggling just to put food on the table, and can certainly not afford a domestic worker. What can we do? We don' t want to break the law.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re: Domestic worker

You need to have discussions with her. You don't tell me how long you've employed her. R150 of debt might be equal to the severance payment.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2009/12/11

Re: Domestic worker

Reply to labour lawyer