Posted by: Liz | 2009-04-28

Domestic violence

Hi Doc,
In a previous marriage I was a victim of domestic violence. I divorced and re married to husband no.2. We have been married for 3 years and together for 6 years. At the beginning of our relationship my husband hurt me physically. And vowed never to do it again. This past Saturday evening, we had an argument and he threw something that hit the back of my leg and then started pushing me around quite hard. I am bruised on the back of my leg and my arm. What am I to do here. He said he was sorry and will not do it again. I wanted to leave but he begged me to stay. I have stayed and I do not know what to do. I do know from experience this is how it starts and from here it only gets worse.Please advise. I am also on medication for depression for life. I am scared I am going to deteriorate to such a stage where I will have to go back to my doctors for more treatment. I find I cannot sleep and as it is I am continously tongue tied when I speak. I feel like I am loosing touch with reality.

See a marriage counsellor together, to look at the issue of violence, anger, and how each of you might at times provoke the other, and what better ways are available to cope with such situations. And don't be so hesitant about seeing a shrink again, for a re-assessment and advice based on such an assessment

Posted by: Leave Leave Leave | 2009-04-29

You must leave this creep my girl. I have seen it so often where woman seem to gravitate from one wife beater to another. What is it I wonder that attracts you to them ? It' s almost as if you go out there and pick them specially ! Anyway, I think you realise that no amount of promising and begging on his part ,that it will happen again and again and again. They cannot stop their bully tactics. They are cowards with no character, self respect and no respect for their " punch bags" . I mean where does a normal MAN and I stress MAN harm the woman he loves ? Don' t put up with this disgusting behaviour. Get out of his life forever, he will never change and you will just bring a great deal of sorrow to your life. The rotten swine !!

Reply to Leave Leave Leave