Question
Posted by: Claudia | 2012/06/25

domestic charge R50 fro sick note. Xrays withheld

My domestic worker fell and hurt her ankle. She was off for a week. Not only did the doctors not actually fix her ankle, she is also being charged R50 for a sick note and the hosiptal won''t give her her Xrays. Is this legal?

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

Hi Claudia. If she fell a work you have some obligation to ensure that she gets medical treatment. I am assuming from the story that the medical care giver wants payment before issuing required documentation. Nasty but....
AS for the x-rays,again not so simple...who wants them..paid for?.....
Send more details.