Question
Posted by: Liz | 2009/10/21

Domestic

Could you please advise me. I live in the Southern Suburbs of JHB. I employed a domestic for 1 day a week I started her off on R100-00 per day plus R25-00 taxi/bus fair after 3 months I increased her R100-00 to R120-00 per day. At her request she asked for her money at the end of each month however the
R25-00 she signs out every week. I also supply her with a breakfast and lunch. She was sick last week I feel I want to pay her for that day because she is a reliable and good worker. I' m just concerned do I have to put her on UIF and if yes how do I go about it ? I really havent got transport to go to the UIF offices is there any other way I could apply for her. Please let me know.

Many thanks

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: DOMESTIC

You do need to put a domestic worker on UIF. You need to contact the department of Labour who will send you all the forms. You can apply on line, go on to the website of the Department of Labour.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2009/10/26

RE: DOMESTIC

Reply to labour lawyer