Posted by: KR | 2010-02-12

Sorry, this is not a question for CyberVet but for anyone who uses this site.

Can anyone recommend a sitter that genuinely cares &  loves dogs &  would be willing to stay on our property &  look after our 3 dogs for a week in May? This person would need to be a serious dog lover, as our old small dog is high maintenance &  needs assistance going up &  down a flight of stairs, due to his arthritis, We don' t normally leave them behind when we go away, but unfortunately circumstances don' t allow us to take them with this time! We live in Amanzimtoti. If anyone can recommend someone that they have used personally &  can rate very highly, please let me know.

Posted by: joss | 2010-02-15

Please check with your Vets in your area - they may have a veterinary nurse - who is single, and can therefore earn some extra cash by house sitting. Or the Vet nurse may have some friends, who do not have a job.
I live in Pretoria and use Vet students, 4th year and up to look after my pets when travelling - do a great job

Reply to joss
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010-02-14

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: karen | 2010-02-12

i can recommend a lady by the name of verena illingworth. she doesnt take care of your dogs at your house, but you take the dogs to her. she is fantastic, my dogs were both old and she was great with them. the dogs will live in her house as though they are her own.

Reply to karen