Question
Posted by: Pieter le Grange | 2012/06/15

Dog''s teeth

I have a St Bernard.

Of late I have noticed that his teeth have alot of plaque on. I brush his teeth once a week with paste and brush bought at a VET.

His diet is normal i.e. dry dog food daily with a cow''s hoof once a week.

Anything that can be done to improve the situation i.e more bones or other chewable items in his diet?

Thank you.

Hi Pieter

I would suggest that you contact your vet about dental hygiene. Personally I allow my dogs to chew on bones and this I find keeps tarter to a minimum. Please note that the bones I use are sterilized and are of adequate thickness and length to prevent ingestion.

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

2
Posted by: CyberVet | 2012/06/28

Hi Pieter

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet
Posted by: Tanya | 2012/06/15

Dogs teeth can be cleaned at the vet. It is done under a light anaesthetic usually. It can be pricey so if you decide to go this route shop around at all vets in your area.

Reply to Tanya