Question
Posted by: Louise Jo-anne van Niekerk | 2012/03/05

Dogs teeth

To all,

I have a 3 month out ridgback X foxhound - she is teething but a few of her new teeth are very close together and she is getting food and grass stuck in her teeth.

Is this a consern as I am a bit worried about tooth decay.
we tried brushing her teeth with a dog tooth brush but it is not getting rid of the particals.

should we have the vet check her out, we have given all her injections and the vet told us to wait for her jaw to fully develop before we worry about it.

she also looks as though she has 4 fangs is this normal ?

Regards Louise

Hi Louise

I think that it is important that you re-visit your vet on regular intervals to ensure that there is no active infection in the oral cavity. You will have to wait for the permanent dentition to arise before this problem is resolved. You may consider using a mouthwash that can be purchased through your local veterinary practice/vet shop.

The fangs are normal and are defined as canines.

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2012/03/13

Hi Louise

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet