Question
Posted by: sharon | 2011/10/10

Dogs fighting

I have a 4 and a half yr old male german shephard , a 4 yr old female lab , and 1 and a half yr female chow , they have all gotten along quit fine but now the last month or so the lab and the chow have started fighting , this weekend was bad , the chow bit the lab quit badly , had to take her to the vet , what are my options here???/

Thankyou

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Sharon, I hate it when I have to say this, and today I have two posts with the same answer - you need professional help and at your home.

What could have occurred is that the chow is now 18months of age and is trying to establish her position in the hierarchy, especially important to her if she has not been sterilized. This is not unusual at this age and you can be shown how to sort the situation out, but the sooner the better as the bites can become very serious and the situation escalate.
Please either let me know where you stay via this site or contact me at scotty@scottysdogs.co.za and I will put you in touch with somebody I know in your area. Alternatively you can look at www.animal-behaviour.org.za for a behaviourist close by. Thanks Scotty

2
Posted by: SHARON | 2011/10/10

Okay,
They are all sterilized.....
will send you an e-mail..

Thankyou

Reply to SHARON
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011/10/10

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert